This blog offers a discussion of the possibilities of visual media and technology for health,education, communication and political action. Periodically, this blog is a collaborative effort with graduate students in public health at Hunter College, some of whom serve as guest bloggers and some of whom create their own blogs.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

20 Things about Me

1. I am the only child from my parents’ marriage, which was a second marriage for both of them.
2. I have two half-brothers, one from each of my parents’ first marriage. Now, I rarely talk to either of them.
3. I was born in Houston, Texas.
4. I live in New York City, and consider it home.
5. I think a lot about death.
6. I hope to die while in the city.
7. I can never imagine retiring.
8. I don’t believe in God most of the time, but I go to church almost every Sunday.
9. I don’t really believe in horoscopes, but I read mine everyday.
10. I’m a Scorpio, not that that means anything.
11. I am incredibly ambitious and driven.
12. I worry if I’m too ambitious.
13. I love documentaries.
14. Someday, I want to make a documentary.
15. I want to design my own clothes.
16. I love interior design magazines.
17. Someday, I want a room that I designed to be in a magazine.
18. I wrote a book that got published.
19. I finished my Ph.D.
20. I’m prouder of getting my degree than the publishing the book.

2 comments:

Jessie Daniels said...

Hey, Katie, Velma, Elizabeth and Lorraine! Thanks for your comments! :-)

Lorraine ~ do you watch Project Runway? I'm always amazed by the people's ability to *sew*! My idea is just to sketch the clothes I want (or better yet, just describe them) and have someone else make them. Ha ~ not happening on my salary. Dating a carpenter is a smart idea for those necessary built-ins. ;-)

Eny said...

I don't believe in horoscopes too, but when I read mine it is like someone who knows me very well is giving me advices. It could be a coincidence right?