This blog offers a discussion of the possibilities of visual media and technology for health,education, communication and political action. Periodically, this blog is a collaborative effort with graduate students in public health at Hunter College, some of whom serve as guest bloggers and some of whom create their own blogs.

Monday, October 05, 2009

Podcast on Cyber Racism

The good folks at Contexts (the magazine of the American Sociological Association) asked me to an interview for their podcast series a few weeks back about my new book, Cyber Racism, and now it’s available online, here.  The description from their website about the podcast:
Cyber Racism is about white supremacist groups online, and Daniels tells us how white supremacy online is important for how we think about education, free speech and multiculturalism.
This expands on one the articles assigned for tonight's class.  And, there’s a little bit at the end about the blogging I do at Racism Review and the way that I see that as engaged political work.  One small correction, the scholar I refer to in the piece who developed the phrase “translocal whiteness” is Les Back (I mangled his name).

No comments: